Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Piracetam - Wonder Brain Drug

I came across this drug whilst researching another subject matter. Piracetam is a "smart/brain" drug. It enhances brain function by improving the fluidity between the left and right hemispheres of the brain. This is a good link for more info on Piracetam. Check it out.

People use Piracetam to cram for exams, improve memory, treat alcoholism, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.

Personally, these are the benefits I get from Piracetam:
  1. Improves my memory
  2. Improves my attention span
  3. Increases my motivation
  4. Dont get too emotional
It basically is like drinking a few cups of coffee without the jitters. Most of the effects are more noticeable during the first few weeks of taking it. After a while, you get used to the effects and it is not so "wow" anymore. I sometimes forget to take it for a few days and life seems a bit duller and slower. Piracetam is not FDA approved but it is not banned in the US either. You can get it via mail order in the US and even through pharmacies in other countries.

I take 800mg pills. Normally 2-3 in the morning and 1-2 in the afternoon. If I take Piracetam any later than 5pm, I find it hard to get to sleep. Initially, I was getting very vivid dreams. Short naps were fantastic! A 10 minute nap felt like a really deep 12 hour sleep.

Driving under the influence of Piracetam was also great. I could focus really well and I see so much more details on the roads like even the texture of the bitumen, details of cars around me and better reflexes. If I need to drive long distances at night, 1-2 piracetam is WAY better than 3 cups of coffee.

If I stop taking Piracetam for a day or two and I hear a "sad" song, I get quite emotional. Normally at night. It doesn't mean I'm a robot when on Piracetam. It's just that random thoughts and feelings intrude more when I am not taking Piracetam. I believe Piracetam helps me in my depression and allows me to focus on more positive thoughts and actions rather than float around in random thoughts, feelings and emotions.

Piracetam also have an effect on my visual and audio senses. I believe my eyesight is slightly better, especialy at night. I also appreciate music more, maybe being able to hear more of the details and melodies.

A friend of mine has a very hectic life with tons of things thrown at him during his workday. He gets anxiety attack when things get too much. After taking Piracetam, he finds that he can now process more information and handles them without getting anxious. My wife who has Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), finds that Piracetam helps her tremendously. It helps keep her wild mood swings and perceptions under control. BPD is a very insidious disorder, I will write about it another day....

7 comments:

  1. It is a good research of your own that you have found this one.It may be helping you yes...and does seem to be an effective drug...but better consult your general physician before y0ou start being regular.
    Electronic Medical Records

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    It's good to hear you're doing well with Piracetam. I have began doing extensive research on this brain drug and by far it sounds extraordinary. As a 21 years old, I feel like I am not concentrated enough to tackle down goal projects. What really caught my attention was the focus it contains. I hope by taking this nootropic that it will help me pursue my financial goals. Thank you for writing this blog. I deeply appreciate it!

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please email me at nguyend408@gmail.com

    I hope to hear more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you buy yours from the link above or do you have a specific retailer you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello friend,
    i reaaly appreciate with your above content but there is one product which increase brain power....Deprenyl acts as a nerve and brain cell protector. Also known as Deprenyl Citrate, Selegiline and Cyprenil, using Deprenyl can improve brain function http://www.antiaging-systems.com/50-deprenyl, stimulate brain activity and effectively increase dopamine levels available in the brain. Used ‘off label’ to treat Alzheimer’s disease, its ability to prevent brain cell deterioration is well documented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard piracetam alleviating depression. It seems that it has no side effect either. Piracetam + coffee hahah I thought I was the only one though... Love the article bro.

      Sources:
      http://smartdrugsforthought.com/?page_id=121

      Delete
  6. If you mix with anti-psychotics or neuroleptics you are asking for a world of hurt. It will inrease the effects of many drugs.

    ReplyDelete